Friday, August 26, 2016

August 25

Life has been a bit of an emotional roller coaster the past few months. 
Moving to a new state...setting up a new home...learning my way around a new community...
new routines...one daughter starting a new year at her university...one daughter settling into her new job...one husband also getting used to a new position in his career...
So. Much. New.
 I have confidence that each of us is exactly where God intends for us to be right now.
New can be fun, a good kind of challenging, and exciting...and in many ways it has been.
 It's just that sometimes, new is just a tad overwhelming. I'm pretty content to keep things the same.
 This summer, I've read about a billion and one devotions and blog posts about new seasons, letting go of your kids, why moms cry at college move in weekend,  and how life changes when your children grow up.
Good words no doubt...but, my goodness! Enough! My momma's heart is just about wrecked!!
So today, I cranked up the music and took to the trail (new, too :)!) for some fresh air and perspective. 
This has been my "go to" song for this latest season in life. 
Thank you, Lord for refreshment and the reminder to 
Keep Looking Up!!







No comments:

Post a Comment